Salon Basnet is an actor of Nepali movie industry. He started his filmy career at the age of seven as child actor in the movie Nepali Babu. Salon is best known for his role as ‘Jange’ in Hostel.
|Date of Birth||September 5 1988|
|Birth place||Thankot, Kathmandu|
|Height||5 feet 6 inch|
|School||Bright Angel, Bright Future Boarding Secondary School|
|College||CCRC, National Account College|
|Hobbies||Acting, singing, dancing, travelling|
|Movies||Hostel, A Mero Hajur 2, Gajalu|
Early Life and Education
Salon Basnet was born in January 1st in Thankot, Kathmandu. He is the son of popular movie director Shovit Basnet and Mira Basnet. Salon was closed to his grandfather. Salon started his schooling from the Bright Angel and after then he finished his schooling from Bright Future Boarding Secondary School. After S.L.C, he joined CCRC then he studied BBA in National Account College.
Salon is also a good dancer. He had big interest in dancing from his very young age and used to participate in different dancing competition. At the age of 5, he participated in the dancing competition and earned 11 thousand.
Salon was also interested in singing and also joined his college band known as rock band as a vocalist and bassist.
Salon Basnet Filmy Life
Salon faced camera for the first time when he was just 6-7 months. Later on, he was featured as child actor in the movie Nepali babu at the age of 7.
Salon acted many other movies but his real debut movie is Hostel along with Anmol K.C and Prakriti Shreshta. He played role of Junge in Hostel. Hostel was blockbuster movie that was released in 2013. He then appeared in other movies Euta Sathi and Adha Page but did not perform well in box office. The dialogue “Maile Mero lifema sorry ahile samma kasailai bhaneko chhaina tara yasko much ra naam malai chai dubai man paryo la chhodide I am sorry yaar.” was specially made for Salon Basnet. In 2016, both Anmol K.C and Salon Basnet returned together in the blockbuster movie Gajalu. He then returned with the movie A Mero Hajur 2 in 2017 which was also the blockbuster.
Facts about Salon Basnet
- Salon is all time music lover. He is mostly fond of punk rock. He initially learned guitar and enjoy listening to the songs of Greenday.
- Salon is Nepali food lover. Nepali khana set happens to top his list of favorite foods.
- He was interested in dancing since his early childhood and when it comes to music and dancing he likes to follow Justin Beiber.
- Salon has trekked to Annapurna base camp and Mt. Everest base camp. He aims to ascent the 647m Mera Peak in Solukhumbu district.
- Salon loves to watching Hollywood and Nepali films base on adventure and sci-fi.
- His first income was 11 thousand which was earned at the age of 6.