Sahid Diwas is an annual celebration in India and Nepal. Nepal and India celebrate their martyr’s day separately. Here we are going to cover the Sahid Diwas or Martyr’s Day or Sarvodaya Day of Nepal and India separately. I am going to cover the wishes, status, SMS, Messages, Greetings, Quotes about Sahid Diwas.
Marty’s Day in Nepal
हुँदैन विहान मिर्मिरेमा तारा झरेर नगए
बन्दैन मुलुक दुईचार सपूत मरेर नगए
Above lines are by poet Bhupi Sherchan dedicated to the goodness of the nation. Martyr’s day or Sahid Diwas in Nepal is observed on 10th-16th of Magh. Sahid Diwas is celebrated to give due respect to the brave people who sacrifice their lives for the nation. The period of seven days (from Math 10 to Magh 16)it is declared as the Martyr’s week in Nepal.
In Sahid Diwas of Nepal, primarily we memorize four martyrs named Dasarath Chand, Shukra Raj Shastri, Dharbhakta Mathema, Gangalal Shrestha. Among the four martyrs, Dasarath Chand and Dharma Bhakta Mathema were hanged in a tree in Sifal, Kathmandu (in Magh 12, 1997), whereas Gangalal Shrestha and Shukra Raj Shastri were shot dead.
Even though we memorize the four main martyrs of Nepal, Lakhan Thapa is considered as the first martyr of Nepal. He died while fighting against the Rana Regime. Janga Bahadur Rana was the prime minister of Nepal at the time.
On the Shahid Diwas day, the public holiday is given by the Government of Nepal. Shahid Gate is a monument in Kathmandu, located near Sundhara, which was built in the memory of the martyrs. In this day, several events such as prize distribution, sports, and cultural programs are held all over the country.
Sahid Diwas Wishes, Greetings, Status, Quotes, Cards in Nepali
१ . हुँदैन विहान मिर्मिरेमा तारा झरेर नगए
बन्दैन मुलुक दुईचार सपूत मरेर नगए
सहिद दिवसको शुभकामना !
२. खोसिएका भुमुको एक एक धुर माग्दैछ देश बिरभद्र र भिमसेन जस्तै बाहादुर माग्दैछ देश प्राणको आहुति दिदै देशको लागि लड्ने धर्मभक्त अनि दशरथ चन्द ठाकुर मग्दैछ देश। वीर सहिदहरु अमर रहुन।
३.देश र जनताको लागी आफ्नो ज्यानको बलिदान दिनु भएका बिर शहीदहरु प्रती हार्दिक श्रद्धान्जली !!!
४. आज शहीद दिवस!सम्पूर्ण ज्ञात अज्ञात शहीदहरु प्रति हार्दिक नमन ! सहिदहरुले देखाएको बाटोमा सधै देश अगाडि बढोस्। शुभकामना !!!
Martyr’s Day in India
Martyrs day in India is observed to give honor to the HEROS who fought for the freedom, welfare, and goodness of the country. It is celebrated every year all over the country on the 30th of January. India is the country among other 15 countries of the world where Martyrs Day is celebrated every year to pay homage to the freedom fighters.
Martyrs Day also called Sarvodaya Day or Shahid Diwas in India 2018 will be celebrated on 30th of January, on Tuesday and 23rd of March, on Friday.
Martyr’s Day on 30th Jan
In 1948 Jan 3oth, Mahatma Gandhi (Bapu) was killed at his 78 in the Birla House during evening prayers. It was the saddest day for the country which has become the most poignant day in Indian history. He was a great freedom fighter of India and counted as the greatest amongst the lakhs and lakhs of martyrs. This is why martyr’s day is celebrated in India on the 30th of Jan.
Martyr’s Day in 23rd March
23rd of March is also declared as the martyrs day in India to remember the Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar. Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar were fought for India against the British rule for independence.
Beside this days, India celebrates more than one Martyrs Day to honor the other martyrs of the nation.
13th of July is celebrated as the martyrs day in India in the Jammu and Kashmir to memorize the death of 22 people.
17th of November is celebrated as the martyrs day in the Odisha to observe the death anniversary of the Lala Lajpat Rai.
19th of November is also celebrated as the martyrs day in the state of Jhansi to rememberRani Lakshmibai who was the leading figure of that rebellion of the year 1857.
Martyr’s Day, Saheed Diwas, Sarvodaya Day Wishes, Status, Greetings in Hindi
- “The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins.”
- “Martyrs, my friend, have to choose between being forgotten, mocked or used. As for being understood – never.”
- “The people who have really made history are the martyrs.”
- “All religions have periods in their history which are looked back to with retrospective fear and trembling as eras of persecution, and each religion has its own book of martyrs.”
- “The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church.”
- “Men do not accept their prophets and slay them, but they love their martyrs and worship those whom they have tortured to death.”
- “They’re not put on earth to be martyrs; they have to want to come out. It depends on your culture, where you work, where you live. Each person’s circumstances are unique.”
- “They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me. Then they will have my dead body, but not my obedience.”
- “It is truer to say that martyrs create faith more than faith creates martyrs.”
- “Martyrs do not underrate the body, they allow it to be elevated on the cross. In this, they are at one with their antagonists.”
- “Great persecutors are recruited among martyrs whose heads haven’t been cut off.”
- “We, who are the living, possess the past. Tomorrow is for our martyrs.”