Nepal holds the Guinness World Record for The Highest Altitude Fashion Show on Land. Nepal organized the first-ever The Mount Everest Fashion Runway on 26 January 2020. The event was organized by RB Diamonds, KASA Style in support of the Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) and Visit Nepal 2020 campaign.
The 20 models from various countries including Nepal, Finland, Italy Sri Lanka, and Singapore took part in the event. On the 18th of January 2020, a team of 48 people started their trek from Lukla towards the Kala Patthar. The team included video crew, makeup artists, medics, the clothing and jewelry designers, and the organizers themselves.
- Title – The Mount Everest Fashion Runway – The Highest Altitude Fashion Show on Land
- Venue – Kala Patthar, Solukhumbu Nepal (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Elevation – 5,644 m.
- Date – 26 January 2020
- Running Time – 45 minutes
- Organized by – KASA Style
- Presented by – RB Diamonds & Jewelleries
- Theme – “Join hands against climate change by promoting sustainable fashion”
- Participants Countries – 15 supermodels from Milan, 5 models from Nepal (Nepal, Finland, Italy Sri Lanka, and Singapore)
The main objective of this record-breaking show was to raise awareness of climate change. Another objective was to let the world that Nepal is the destination for all kinds of activities as a campaign of Visit Nepal 2020.
Apart from the Guinness World Records title, the entire journey of the models in the Everest Base Camp route is being made as reality show which will be telecasted in MTV USA & Canada during April/May 2020. This is another strong publicity Nepal would receive internationally for tourism promotion.
The designs, patterns, and materials used during the fashion show were all-natural, organic and all Nepali product line from KASA. The clothing line was made of Nepali Pashmina, Felt and Yak Wool ideal for winter wear. The show also had a beautiful display of jewelry especially designed by RB Diamonds each depicting a significant Nepali Culture theme The exclusive Kainite stone jewelry was the highlight of the show.
Glimpses of The Mt. Everest Fashion Runway
Photo Credit – welcomenepal.com
- Why Trekking In Nepal Deserves To Be On Your Bucket List
- 10 Best Places to visit in Nepal in Winter Season
Our Social Media:
Nepali Trends, the pioneer of the blog site that operates under the philosophy of keeping its readers informed. NepaliTrends.com tells the trending story of Nepal and it offers fresh, compelling content that’s useful and informative for its readers. We strive to be very accurate by leaving no stone unturned as we dig into the heart of every story.