Kalinchowk Cable Car Information
Kalinchowk is one of the best places to visit in Nepal. It one of the top 10 best destinations in Nepal in the winter season. Kalinchowk Cable Car is the third cable car service in Nepal that came into operation in November. After the cable car service, it is easier to get on the top of the Kalinchowk Bhagwati (3842m).
There are four gondolas (Check the meaning below) in the cable car services where 10 persons (up to 800kg) can travel at a time. Cable car service is different from the one being operated at Manakamana and Chandragiri. It is much shorter and smaller in size.
A cable car trip is the shortest means to reach Kalinchowk Darshan top station. The 2.5 km long cable car ensures a smooth and safe journey, all the while giving you an up-close view of the untainted wilderness. Cable Car: The 2.5 km cable car ride takes around 6 minutes to reach the Kalinchowwk Darshan top station. A cabin accommodates 8 passengers. A child above 3 feet of height requires a ticket.
You can find the latest information about Kalinchowk Cable Car price list, Operating hours, duration, cable car length, contact number, and some of the amazing photos.
Kalinchowk Cable Car Ticker Price
Kalinchowk Cable Car is not that expensive compared to the Chandragiri. However, comparing its distance, it the way expensive than Manakamana and Chandragiri for Nepali tourists. Find out the ticket price list of Kalinchowk Cable Car below.
Kalinchowk Cable Car Ticket Price List
|Ticket Type||One Way||Two Way|
|Nepali Adult||300 Nrs||500 Nrs|
|Student||375 Nrs (25 % Off)|
|Differently Abled||375 Nrs (25 % Off)|
|Elderly||375 Nrs (25 % Off)|
|Child Below 3 Years||Free|
|Indian Citizen||800 Nrs|
|Good||10 Nrs / KG|
Kalinchowk Darshan Ticket Information
- The above rate is inclusive of all local taxes and applicable VAT.
- A child is categorized by their height. Children above 3 feet and up to 4 feet height qualify for the child rate.
- No tickets are applicable for children up to 3 feet in height.
- Elderly citizen and student rates are applicable for Nepali only and require proof of ID.
- 60 years and above qualifies for the elderly citizen rate.
- The validity of the cable car ticket is 7 days from the date of purchase. No refunds will be made if the validity expires.
- All passengers are insured up to NPR 500,000.
- 15kg baggage allowance is given free of charge. Baggage exceeding the weight limit will be charged @ of NPR 16 per kg
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
Kalinchowk Cable Car Length
Kalinchowk Cable Car is 900 meters in horizontal and 950 meters in inclined lengths. It takes approx. It takes 5 minutes to get to the top and same time return back. If you want to walk instead of a cable car then it depends on how fast you walk. It is steep up walking along with the small forests. For a normal adult person, it takes 1 hour to get on the top but because it is cold and high altitude generally people get on the top in 70-80 minutes.
Kalinchowk Cable Car Operating Hour
Cable Car Operating Hour – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | 12:00 – 1:00 PM BREAK
Contact No – 01-4113710 (Kathmandu), 049 – 421357 (Charikot)
Mobile – 9844175087
Email – email@example.com
Kalinchowk Cable Car Video
Kalinchowk Cable Car Photo Gallery
[Gondola – A gondola lift is a means of cable transport and type of aerial lift which is supported and propelled by cables from above. It consists of a loop of steel cable that is strung between two stations, sometimes over intermediate supporting towers. –Wikipedia]