Embassy of the United States stated that the online form of the Diversity Visa (DV) for 2022 has been opened from October 7, 2020 (9:45 pm local time in Nepal; Ashwin 21, 2077 B.S.) to November 10, 2020 (10:45 pm local time; Kartik 25, 2077 B.S.). Embassy strongly encourages the DV program entrants to apply early.
What is E-DV?
The Diversity Visa (DV) also known as Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) and Green Card Lottery is a United States government lottery program for receiving the United States Permanent Resident Card. The lottery is administered by the Department of State and conducted under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
The program aims to bring annually 50000 immigrants to diversify the immigrant population in the United States, by selecting applicants from countries with low numbers of immigrants in the previous five years. As of 2017, around 20 million people apply for the lottery each year.
Embassy Suggests Important Information For Intending Applicants
• Applying is FREE: There is NO FEE to enter the DV lottery.
• Consultants Not Necessary: The U.S. Embassy recommends not using a consultant to assist you with your application. Please consider using a family member, friend, or other trusted person if you need assistance. No matter who provides assistance, you are solely responsible for your own application.
• Apply online: Entries for the 2020 Diversity Visa lottery must use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the registration period.
• Entire family on the application: When registering, you must list your spouse and all of your unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application. Submissions without the inclusion of family members will make your entry invalid.
• Do not include non-eligible family members: A new policy change has been made since 2020. Entries will now be disqualified if they include individuals who are not eligible spouses or children of the primary applicant.
• One application per person: You may submit only ONE application. Applicants who submit more than one application will be disqualified from consideration.
• Submit a recent photo: Entries submitted with the same photo from the last DV year will be disqualified. Be sure to follow the photo rules precisely and associate each photo with the correct person on your application. Please note that applicants may not wear glasses or hats in their photos.
• Be sure to print and save your confirmation number: This number is the only way to check your status.
• Never give your confirmation number to anyone.
• The only method of determining whether you were selected for the DV is by entering your confirmation number at www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 8, 2021 (Baisakh 25, 2078).
You must provide your e-mail address as part of your entry; however, there will be no email notification sent to you if you are selected.
- आवेदन दर्ता गर्न कुनै पनि शुल्क लाग्ने छैन।
- आवेदन दर्ता गर्न कन्सल्टेन्टहरुको सहयोग नलिन सुझाव दिएको छ।
- आवेदन दर्ता गर्दा पति–पत्नी र आवेदनको समयमा २१ वर्ष नपुगेका सबै अविवाहित सन्तानलाई सुचीकृत गर्न अनिवार्य गरिएको छ । उनीहरुलाई समावेश नगरिएको आवेदन अमान्य ठहरिनेछ ।
- तर, २०२० को डाइभर्सिटी भिसा कार्यक्रममा एक नयाँ नीतिगत परिवर्तन गरिएको छ । दूतावासका अनुसार, मुख्य आवेदकले अयोग्य पति–पत्नी वा सन्तानको विवरण समावेश गरी आवेदन दिएमा त्याे अयाेग्य ठहरिने छ ।
- तपाईंले एउटा मात्र आवेदन बुझाउनु पर्नेछ । एकभन्दा बढी आवेदन बुझाउने आवेदकहरू चिट्ठाका लागि अयोग्य ठहरिनेछन् ।
- आवेदनको लागि हालसालै खिचिएको स्पस्ट फोटो हुनुपर्ने छ। अघिल्लो पटक प्रयोग गरिएको फोटो यस वर्षको आवेदनमा प्रयोग गर्न मिल्दैन।फोटोसम्बन्धी नियमहरू कडाइका साथ पालना गर्नु पर्नेछ र प्रत्येक फोटो आफ्नो आवेदनमा समावेश भएका सही व्यक्तिहरूसँग मेल खाने गरी पेश गर्नु पर्नेछ ।
- डीभीको आवेदन भरेपछि आफ्नो कन्फर्मेसन नम्बर सुरक्षित राख्नु पर्नेछ । यही नम्बरका आधारमा छनोट भए–नभएको 8 मे 2021 पछि हेर्न सकिनेछ ।
- आफ्नो कन्फर्मेसन नम्बर कसैलाई दिन पाइने छैन ।
Even though you are selected as a DV winner, there is no guarantee that you will receive a visa. If you do get a visa interview, a Consular Officer will determine whether or not you meet the qualifications and are eligible for the DV under U.S. immigration law. You can check what documents to bring in an interview here.