Binod Chaudhary is one and only Billionaire of Nepal with a whopping net worth of $1.7 Billion (According to Forbes). He is a Nepali business tycoon, industrialist, and philanthropist also known as the first billionaire of Nepal. Binod Chaudhary is the current chairman and president of Chaudhary Group (CG).
Chaudhary Group (CG) – is a multinational conglomerate headquartered in Nepal. Its wide range of businesses includes financial services, consumer goods, education, hospitality, energy, consumer electronics, real estate, biotech, and alternative medicine. The group owns 136 companies in 15 different business verticals across five continents.
Binod Chaudhary began his entrepreneurial journey with a nightclub called Copper Floor in Kathmandu, Nepal. Today, at 64, he is Nepal’s richest man and the only Forbes billionaire from the Himalayan nation.
Let’s Make his net worth simple
Total Net Worth – $1.7 Billion
In Numbers – $1,700,000,000
Let’s Convert it inro Nepali Rs. $1,700,000,000 x 114 (today’s rate) = Rs. 19,38,00,00,00,00 😲😲
Let’s assume that the population of Nepal is 3 Crore – which is 300,00,000.
If he distributes his money to each Nepali then each Nepali will get Rs. 6460. But be sure, he won’t do that.
Some Facts About Binod Chaudhary
- He is 1349th billionaire in the world with a net worth (as of April 3, 2019) of 1.7 Billion.
- Binod Chaudhary controls CG Corp Global and is Nepal’s sole billionaire.
- His biggest assets are a controlling stake in Nepal’s Nabil Bank and CG Foods, maker of the popular Wai Wai noodles.
- Wai Wai has overseas factories in India, Serbia, and Bangladesh with a new one being constructed in Egypt.
- CG’s hotel assets consist of 30 owned and 55 managed properties, including a string of luxury hotels with India’s Taj hotel chain.
- His sons Nirvana in Nepal and Rahul and Varun, who live overseas, help him run the group.
- In 2017 Chaudhary joined Nepali Congress.
Did You Know?
Binod’s late father opened Nepal’s first department store