2021 Diversity Visa Program Opens
An Online application of the 2021 Diversity Visa (DV) program has been opened from noon Eastern Standard Time, October 2, 2019, to Eastern Standard Time, November 5, 2019. Also, the US Embassy encourages to apply as early as possible.
Guidelines for EDV 2021
- Applying is FREE! No fee should be charged for application.
- Consultants not necessary: The U.S. Embassy recommends against using a consultant to assist you with your application. Please consider using a family member, friend or other trusted person if you need assistance. No matter who provides assistance, you are solely responsible for your own application.
- Apply online: Entries for the 2021 Diversity Visa Program must use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the registration period.
- Entire family on application: When registering, you must list your spouse and all of your unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application. Submissions without the inclusion of family members will make your entry invalid.
- You have to submit only one application per person. Applicants who submit more than one application will be disqualified.
- Submit a recent photo(At most 6 months). Entries submitted with the same photo from previous DV years will be disqualified. Be sure to precisely follow the photo rules and associate each photo with the correct person on your application. Please note that applicants may not wear glasses, earrings in their photos.
- You need to have a valid passport. According to the new rule, this year, the primary applicant must include the passport number, country of issuance, and the passport expiration date.
- Be sure to print and save your confirmation number: This number is the only way to check your status.
- Never give your confirmation number to anyone.
- The only method of determining whether you were selected for the DV is by entering your confirmation number at www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 5, 2020.
Things to Remember After You Will be Selected!
- You must provide an e-mail address as part of your entry; however, no email will be sent even after you will be selected.
- Even if you are selected, this does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. If you do get a visa interview, a Consular Officer will determine whether you meet the qualifications and are eligible for the DV under U.S. immigration law. Check here what you need to know what to bring to the interview.
17 Countries will be ineligible to apply for the EDV 2021. The list goes as follows
- China (Mainland) (Except -Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan )
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- South Korea
- United Kingdom (Except Northern Ireland)
These 17 countries can not apply for EDV 2021 as they already send the 50,000 citizens to United States.
EDV 2021 Time in Nepal
The EDV 2021 application period in Nepal: October 2, 2019 (9:45 pm local time in Nepal; Ashwin 15, 2076 B.S.) to November 5, 2019 (10:45 pm local time; Kartik 19, 2076 B.S.
Result Publish Date: May 5, 2020 (Baisakh 23, 2077).