One rumor is going viral in social media like Facebook and Twitter since last week that the coronavirus was predicted 40 years ago in the book “The Eyes of Darkness” by Dean Koontz. This is the trending topic nowadays. A photograph of the passage from the book is becoming more popular and being shared by many people in social media.
The book explains a story about a mother who discovers her son Danny who was kept in a military facility after being infected with a man-made microorganism or a biological weapon called Wuhan-400. It was listed in the 400th rank of the man-made microorganism and was build up in a city of china named Wuhan so it was named Wuhan-400.
But Covid-19 was predicted 40 years ago is a myth and this is a false claim. Here are some points that proved coronavirus (Covid-19) is not Wuhan-400.
- This book clearly mentions that this is the biological weapon and developed by labs outside of the city. But there is no information regarding that the Covid-19 was created in the lab. According to some international media, coronavirus was spreading from the food market in Wuhan, China.
- The Eyes of Darkness mentions that the virus has an incubation period of 4 hours but coronavirus’s incubation period is 14 days.
- The Wuhan-400 can’t be carried by other living creatures except for human beings as the explanation from the book whereas the coronavirus spreads from animals as well.
- The books describe the death rate is 100 percent for Wuhan-400 but coronavirus’s death rate is just 2 percentage.
- The additional page in some social media claims suggesting an outbreak “in around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe” is from another book.
Some of the Myth About Coronavirus
- Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the new coronavirus.
- Taking a hot bath does not prevent the new coronavirus disease.
- The new coronavirus cannot be transmitted through goods manufactured in China or any country reporting COVID-19 cases.
- The new coronavirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Are hand dryers effective in killing the new coronavirus?
- Can an ultraviolet disinfection lamp kill the new coronavirus?
- How effective are thermal scanners in detecting people infected with the new coronavirus?
- Can spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body kill the new coronavirus?
- Can pets at home spread the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV)?
- Do vaccines against pneumonia protect you against the new coronavirus?
- Can regularly rinsing your nose with saline help prevent infection with the new coronavirus?
- Can eating garlic help prevent infection with the new coronavirus?
- Does the new coronavirus affect older people, or are younger people also susceptible?
- Are antibiotics effective in preventing and treating the new coronavirus?
- Are there any specific medicines to prevent or treat the new coronavirus?
Something is really common in Covid-19 and Wuhan-400 that is both are associate with Chinese city Wuhan. The Eyes of Darkness was written by Dean Koontz about a virus Wuhan-400. The symptoms of Wuhan-400 have nothing to do with the symptoms of Covid-19.