Astha Raut Thanked Police After Being Released on Bail

aastha raut

Singer Aastha Raut has been released on bail on Tuesday. Kathmandu’s Chief District Officer Janak Raj Dahal released her on the bail of Rs 4,000.

She was being taken on custody on Monday on a charge of the misbehaving case filed by the policewomen Ramisha Shrestha. Shrestha had accused Raut of misbehaving with her at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) On January 16, 2020, during the security check. Astha was heading to Bhadrapur (Jhapa) for the musical concert held in Sikkim (India). After returning from India, Raut surrendered to the police on Monday.

Astha Raut Incident Timeline

  1. On January 16, 2020, Astha was Heading to Bhadrapur (Jhapa) for her musical concert being held in Sikkim (India). At the airport, she was in a hurry as her flight was about to miss. As she was going through the security check, on-duty policewomen asked her to take off her jacket. Astha told that she was in a hurry, but the policewomen forced her to take off the jacket and go through the security check. After that, a one-to-one discussion between Astha and Policewomen took place at the airport.
  2. After landed in Jhapa, Astha came in the Facebook live and posted a video using disrespectful and offensive words against the whole police organization. As a reaction, the public criticized her for performance in social media. Being a celebrity and public figure, and with that behavior,  she received lots of negative comments on social media right after.
  3. On January 17, 2020, Policewomen  Ramisha  Shrestha filed a case against Astha Raut for misbehaving with her. After that, the Airport Police Office transferred the case to the Metropolitan Police Office, Ranipokhari.  On the same day, police leaked out the CCTV footage of the quarrel that happened a day before at the domestic airport, TIA.  Footage showed a clear argument between Astha and Policewomen. The footage went viral on social media. On the same day, Astha came into Facebook Live from Sikkim and apologized for the incident. On the 38 minutes long video, she accused her mistake made in the previous video.
  4. On January 19, 2020, The Kathmandu District Administration Office has issued a warrant, directing police to arrest Astha Raut. Based on the footage and filed complaints, the police had prepared a report on her behavior. 
  5. On January 27, 2020, she Astha along with her parents surrendered at the police office. She presented herself at the Metropolitan Police Range in Teku of the Kathmandu on Monday morning.  The KDA Office sent her to police custody for the next four days. Raut told the media that she was happy to cooperate with the police for an investigation into the case. On the day evening, she was hospitalized as she suffered from hypertension. She was rushed to the Blue Cross Hospital in Tripureshwar.
  6. On January 28, 2020, a day after her ‘arrest’, she was released from police custody On the bail of Rs 4,000. 

Other Articles:

Our Social Media: